Healthy Holiday Carrot Cake
Healthy Holiday Carrot Cake
Try this healthy carrot cake just in time for the Holidays!
- 2 cups cashews
- ? cup honey
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Water (as required)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- 1 cup dates
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup dried pineapple
- ¼ cup sultanas or raisins
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- Dried fruits and nuts of your choice. Or shredded/flaked coconut.
- Step 1 – Place cashews into a blender (or food processor.) Blend on high speed until a paste-like cashew cream begins to form.
- Step 2 – Add the honey, lemon juice and coconut oil. Blend until the cashews become creamier. Add water gradually and as little as possible. How much water you need will vary.
- Step 1 – Place the diced carrots, almond meal, hazelnut meal, dates, dried apricots, and cinnamon into your food processor. Blend until very well combine and forms a soft paste.
- Step 2 – Add coconut, dried pineapple, sultanas/raisins, and orange zest to the mixture in the food processor. Blend very briefly until combined. You want these ingredients to be less processed so that there’s some texture variance in the finished cake.
- Use either two mini spring-form pans or a small spring-form pan.
- Press a layer of carrot cake mixture into the base of your pan.
- Add a layer of cashew cream frosting.
- Optional: Sprinkle dried fruits and nuts on the cashew cream frosting layer. Shredded or flaked coconut would also work well.
- Add another layer of carrot cake mixture onto of the cashew cream frosting. Smooth top of cake so it’s even.
- For best results refrigerate for a few hours (or overnight). Place plastic wrap or a plate over the top of the cake to prevent it drying out in the fridge. If you’re not refrigerating, move straight onto Step 6.
- Remove the cakes carefully from spring-form pans. The cakes will still be malleable so handle them gently.
- Top cakes with cashew cream frosting and decorate as you like.
- Slice and Enjoy!
Meet Stan, the “pocket trainer”
Take action… Now!
910 Haddonfield-Berlin rd.
Voorhees, Nj 08043
View Larger Map
Training Aspects’ personal trainers and sports performance coaches want you to accomplish your goals. You, as the personal training client, are a reflection of our personal training and group training methods! We are here to help you accomplish all of your personal training goals! Our main training focus are people looking to increase performance, lose weight , lose body fat and increase lean muscle. Whether you live in Cherry Hill, Haddonfield,Marlton, or any of the other surrounding areas we are here to help you Move, Look and feel as you’ve always desired…