Craving some Italian food? We got you covered. Turkey meatballs and zucchini noodles are delicious and nutritious alternatives to the typically high carb, high fat spaghetti and meatballs dish.
Ingredients (2-4 servings):
- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 3 tbsp sundried tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 3 tbsp crumbled goat or feta cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp olive or avocado oil to cook in
- 1 egg (optional)
- 2-4 Zucchinis
- 5 fresh tomatoes, peeled and seeded (to peel, cut a small “x” on the top and drop in to boiling water for 10 seconds and drop in to an ice bath. Skin will easily peel off)
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 sprig of fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 1 bay leaf (remove when done)
- 1 sprig of parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine meatball ingredients into a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. Using two spoons, form mixture into 1-inch balls as evenly as possible. Add egg if mixture doesn’t hold together.
Bake all meatballs for 15-17 minutes in the oven at 400 degrees F on parchment paper.
Add all of the ingredients used to make the tomato sauce and simmer until hot.
Spiralize zucchinis using a spiralizer and set aside. In a separate pan, spray with olive or avocado oil to heat, then add spiralized zucchinis. Toss zoodles with tongs until hot (1-3 minutes). Don’t overcook or they can become soggy!
Time to Enjoy!!
Take action… Now!
910 Haddonfield-Berlin rd.
Voorhees, Nj 08043
View Larger Map
Training Aspects’ personal trainers and sports performance coaches want you to accomplish your goals. You, as the personal training client, are a reflection of our personal training and group training methods! We are here to help you accomplish all of your personal training goals! Our main training focus are people looking to increase performance, lose weight , lose body fat and increase lean muscle. Whether you live in Cherry Hill, Haddonfield,Marlton, or any of the other surrounding areas we are here to help you Move, Look and feel as you’ve always desired…