Looking to hire a Personal trainer in Cherry Hill, Nj? Here are 5 key Tips:
1. “He/She looks good so they must know what they are doing!” Okay, it is important for the person to practice what they preach. However, just because they have the butt you want or the arms you want. Does not mean they will be able to help you achieve that result successfully or more importantly, safely. because it worked for them does not mean it will work for you. Believe it or not there is no cookie cutter approach.
2. Education Vs. experience. Yes, having all the knowledge in the world does not make you a great personal trainer; however beware of a personal trainer who basis their personal training style off of the “what works for them” approach, fitness magazines, Body builder websites and so on. Personal training is an investment in your health not just your looks. Always keep that in mind!
3. Certifications and education (Up to date!). Before I start this section, make sure your personal trainer keeps their certification up to date. 10 year old information can be the difference between 3 months and 9 months of achieving a personal training goal, as well as injuries. This portion is a follow up on #2. I once interviewed a girl who passed the exam for a respectable personal training certification. She came in and had some of the basic knowledge a personal trainer should have, however, when I asked her to demonstrate some basic exercises she was unable to. Your personal trainer should have at least 1 of the following personal training certifications, ACSM-cpt, NSCA-cpt, NASM-cpt. The top certification in the field for strength and conditioning is the CSCS (NSCA’s – Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist). With that said, coming back to my story, make sure your personal trainer can at least demonstrate whatever exercise that asked to be completed. If they can’t do it you probably won’t be able to or it shouldn’t be done. Having a formula that has worked for years is great but if the information isn’t up to date you could be missing out on vital information.
4. Once you have those three checked off, make sure you truly feel the personal trainer has a passion and genuinely cares about your end goal! It is not just “I pay you money so that you babysit me”, It should be ” I pay you money for your service and we both have the same passion for the my end goal!” For you to accomplish your goals, your personal trainer must be able to motivate you and keep you striving to get better! As the client you may have had a bad day, your personal trainer must step in with energy and get you out of that rut. That takes a common goal and passion!
5. Chain gym Vs. personal training studio. I have worked in chain gyms and for every quality personal trainer that works there, there are 5 that should not. The difference with a small personal training studio is the owner usually started out being a personal trainer and continually pushes the personal trainers to stay up to date on the newest information. Having a small business means you’re building your brand, if you’re building your brand you want everyone that leaves to be a happy client. Keep in mind you are a walking bill board. This way, they rave about how great you’re persownal training studio and personal trainers are. Chain gyms have a surplus of clients for the most part, if a few people are unhappy it’s no skin off their back.
Personal training can be an expensive investment, make sure you’re getting everything out of your personal trainer. Training Aspects stands by quality personal training and sports performance training! Feel free to test us on our own standards. We are here to make you Move – Look – Feel as you’ve always desired!
Training Aspects is the home of personal trainers and sports performance coaches who not only have the education and experience but also live the lifestyle. Each Training Aspects Personal trainer and sports performance coach is ready to create a program for success, guide you through it and keep you motivated through the process! We know what it takes and our personal training staff and sports performance coaches have the education to take you to the next level! Contact us now and see for yourself!
Take action… Now!
[stylebox color=”green”][contact to=”email@example.com” error=”Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.”]Your message was successfully sent. Thank You![/contact][/stylebox]
Training Aspects’ personal trainers and sports performance coaches want you to accomplish your goals. You, as the personal training client, are a reflection of our personal training and group training methods! We are here to help you accomplish all of your personal training goals! Our main training focus are people looking to increase performance, lose weight , lose body fat and increase lean muscle. Whether you live in Cherry Hill, Haddonfield,Marlton, or any of the other surrounding areas we are here to help you Move, Look and feel as you’ve always desired…
910 Haddonfield-Berlin rd.
Voorhees, Nj 08043