Personal trainer favorite: Black Bean Soup
It’s getting to be that time of year again, sweaters, bonfires, pumpkin spice EVERYTHING (more on that next week) and of course SOUP! This week i’m going to give you a recipe for one of my favorite soups which is healthy, full of fiber and super easy to make! Enjoy!
1 teaspoon olive
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon ground cumin or chili powder (or combination)
2, 15 ounce cans low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups chicken broth or water
salt and pepper to taste
plain greek yogurt for topping (optional)
cilantro for topping (optional)
- Sauté the onion in olive oil in a large pot.
- After 2 minutes, add the cumin or chili powder.
- Add one can of beans and broth or water.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat, stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and use a hand blender to puree ingredients or transfer to a blender and puree.
- Add the second can of beans to the pot and cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until bubbly.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve topped yogurt and cilantro if desired.
Take action… Now!
[stylebox color=”green”][contact to=”firstname.lastname@example.org” error=”Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.”]Your message was successfully sent. Thank You![/contact][/stylebox]
Training Aspects’ personal trainers and sports performance coaches want you to accomplish your goals. You, as the personal training client, are a reflection of our personal training and group training methods! We are here to help you accomplish all of your personal training goals! Our main training focus are people looking to increase performance, lose weight , lose body fat and increase lean muscle. Whether you live in Cherry Hill, Haddonfield,Marlton, or any of the other surrounding areas we are here to help you Move, Look and feel as you’ve always desired…
910 Haddonfield-Berlin rd.
Voorhees, Nj 08043