Personal Trainer’s Healthy Halloween Frozen “Boo”nana Pops
It’s coming close to being halloween, my favorite holiday of the year! We all know what that means, a gigantic bag full of candy coming home to sit in a corner and stare at us for the next few months. I saw this recipe and figured having something this cute as an alternative to the bag of naughtiness may just keep some of us from straying too far from our goals of healthy eating (plus, I think the kids will dig them too!). Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, melted (yields about 1/4 cup melted coconut butter)*
- 8 dried currants
- 1 large banana (approximately 8″ long)
- Cut banana in half lengthwise, then in half to make four quarters.
- Insert a popsicle stick in each quarter and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer until the banana is frozen – this took about an hour or so.
- When you’re ready to top the ghosts, place coconut butter in a microwave safe mug and microwave for 1 minute on power level 5. Stir every 20 seconds to make sure it doesn’t burn. Alternatively, place the coconut butter in a mason jar and allow to sit in a bath of boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
- Scoop about half a tablespoon of coconut butter on your finger and spread over the top of the banana, don’t worry about the backside.
- Try to cover the banana as quick as possible! The coconut butter will set very fast. Take another half a tablespoon and spread over the remainder of the ghost. I tried spreading the coconut butter with a spoon on a couple of them and it just didn’t work out that well.
- Dab a bit of coconut butter on the currants and set for the eyes.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 for the remaining bananas before returning the baking sheet to the freezer for another 30 minutes.
*Note: Coconut butter is different from coconut oil, it has a smoother, creamier texture and includes part of the actual coconut meat unlike coconut oil.
Take action… Now!
Training Aspects’ personal trainers and sports performance coaches want you to accomplish your goals. You, as the personal training client, are a reflection of our personal training and group training methods! We are here to help you accomplish all of your personal training goals! Our main training focus are people looking to increase performance, lose weight , lose body fat and increase lean muscle. Whether you live in Cherry Hill, Haddonfield,Marlton, or any of the other surrounding areas we are here to help you Move, Look and feel as you’ve always desired…
910 Haddonfield-Berlin rd.
Voorhees, Nj 08043