This is a healthy, nutrient packed dinner and still delicious! Achieving your fitness goals does not mean you need to suffer with bland food! Focus on the nutrient content. Ask yourself, “how much nutritional value am I getting in this meal?”. If there is more good than bad, go for it. This is an example of a great choice!
4 servings, about 4 ounces salmon & 2/3 cup couscous each
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup Israeli couscous (see Tip)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano, plus more for garnish
- 1 1/4 pounds wild Alaskan salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 4 portions
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 lemon wedges
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add couscous, bell pepper, pistachios, shallot and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the couscous is lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Stir in water. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in 1 tablespoon each parsley and oregano.
- Sprinkle salmon with pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place the salmon on top of the couscous, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook until the salmon is cooked through and the water is absorbed, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve garnished with herbs, if desired, and lemon wedges.
TIPS & NOTES
- Look for Israeli couscous (sometimes called “pearl couscous” because of its larger granules) near other couscous or pasta in well-stocked supermarkets.
- TA Tip: look for the couscous with the highest fiber content!
Per serving: 413 calories; 13 g fat ( 2 g sat , 7 g mono ); 66 mg cholesterol; 36 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 35 g protein; 3 g fiber; 368 mg sodium; 767 mg potassium.
Take action… Now!
Training Aspects’ personal trainers and sports performance coaches want you to accomplish your goals. You, as the personal training client, are a reflection of our personal training and group training methods! We are here to help you accomplish all of your personal training goals! Our main training focus are people looking to increase performance, lose weight , lose body fat and increase lean muscle. Whether you live in Cherry Hill, Haddonfield,Marlton, or any of the other surrounding areas we are here to help you Move, Look and feel as you’ve always desired…
910 Haddonfield-Berlin rd.
Voorhees, Nj 08043
Take Action… Now!
Start now and never have to start again! |3| 45 minute sessions with a personal trainer for the low price of $89! We understand that you need to feel comfortable with your personal trainer before making the right choice for your fitness and nutrition needs. That is why we invite you to visit our personal training studio to get a feel for Training Aspects and your personal trainer.
Your Satisfaction is 100% Guaranteed!
We will refund your money if your are not 100% satisfied with our services during your 3 personal training sessions.
What are you waiting for?
“Time spent wishing is time wasted!”
Sign Up Now!
Fitness scoop Archives