Stir fry, as a meal, is usually questionable. The amount and value of the ingredients, usually tips the scale to the unhealthy side. However, when you can control the ingredients it can be healthy! By switching the pasta to 100%whole wheat, controlling the type of oil you use, how much you use of it, know the quality of the steak and make sure to strip it of as much fat as possible, and you decide what other ingredients to add. You can’t go wrong! Enjoy and let us know how it goes! Recipe as follows.
* Prep time 20mins * Total Time 20 min * Servings 4
6 oz uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon canola or vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, trimmed of fat, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 large red, yellow or orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1 bag (10 oz) Cascadian Farm® frozen organic broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (2 medium)
- Step 1 Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package, omitting salt; cover to keep warm.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes until beef is no longer pink; remove from pan.
- Step 3 Add bell pepper and onion to skillet; cook and stir 1 minute. Add broccoli; cook and stir 1 minute longer. Stir in water and crushed red pepper. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Step 4 In small cup, mix teriyaki sauce and cornstarch. Stir teriyaki sauce and beef into broccoli mixture in skillet. Cook and stir over high heat until sauce is thickened and heated through. Toss broccoli mixture with spaghetti. Garnish with green onions.
Recipe from www.Livebetteramerica.com
click picture to visit site.
Take action… Now!
Training Aspects’ personal trainers and sports performance coaches want you to accomplish your goals. You, as the personal training client, are a reflection of our personal training and group training methods! We are here to help you accomplish all of your personal training goals! Our main training focus are people looking to increase performance, lose weight , lose body fat and increase lean muscle. Whether you live in Cherry Hill, Haddonfield,Marlton, or any of the other surrounding areas we are here to help you Move, Look and feel as you’ve always desired…
910 Haddonfield-Berlin rd.
Voorhees, Nj 08043