Cherry Hill Personal trainer’s Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein brownie
I tried this recipe for homemade protein bars and they turned out so yummy that I thought I’d pass along the recipe to you all. A single protein bar at the store can cost as much as $3! All you need for these are ingredients you probably already have laying around the house, and they take just minutes to make. There are several variations that you can choose from, I made my favorite, but be creative and make your own as you please! But keep it healthy!
Total time: 10minutes (not counting time in fridge)
- 4 Scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1-2 tbsp water
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, add a tablespoon of water at a time until you get a desired ‘crumbly’ texture. Be careful not to make your mixture too wet.
- Cover a tray in parchment paper or foil and press mixture into a 5×4 inch rectangle.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes (be aware that your bars will not be as solid as store bought bars)
- Remove from refrigerator and cut into five 1 inch bars, place flat on plate and store in fridge for up to a week.
Some other variations include:
- Vanilla Almond: Use vanilla protein powder, almond butter and chopped almonds
- Coconut Cashew: Use vanilla protein powder, cashew butter and unsweetened coconut
- Cinnamon Roll: Use vanilla protein powder, sunflower butter and 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Lemon Cream Pie: Use vanilla protein powder, sunflower butter and 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Mixed Berry: Use vanilla protein powder, sunflower butter and mixed dehydrated berries
- Chocolate Brownie: Use chocolate protein powder, sunflower butter, and 1-2 tbsp cacao powder
Recipe completed and article written by:
Shannon Benedetto ACSM-cpt
Take action… Now!
Training Aspects’ personal trainers and sports performance coaches want you to accomplish your goals. You, as the personal training client, are a reflection of our personal training and group training methods! We are here to help you accomplish all of your personal training goals! Our main training focus are people looking to increase performance, lose weight , lose body fat and increase lean muscle. Whether you live in Cherry Hill, Haddonfield,Marlton, or any of the other surrounding areas we are here to help you Move, Look and feel as you’ve always desired…
910 Haddonfield-Berlin rd.
Voorhees, Nj 08043